The global recording and music publishing industries generated $38.2B in 2019. 97.6% of these industries’ revenue is generated from multiple copyright royalty streams fragmented by rights types, mediums, platforms, and licensing arrangements. These royalty streams are subject to the business practices, copyright laws, and capabilities of local markets. Constantly emerging music platforms create new royalty streams with new licensing schemes, which adds complexities to an already-complex industry.
Exploiting copyrights across mediums, rights types, and territories in modern day requires robust and innovative technology to service the digital arena which accounts for over 60% of royalties in the recording industry. Additionally, managing data and accounting for the remaining 40% of royalties and revenues require the ability to handle massive amounts of information from many sources. Muserk scaled infrastructure and automated processes makes servicing the entire supply and royalty chain more obtainable for anyone who owns a copyright.
Muserk has developed proven solutions for copyright holders that handle the most complex problems presented by the industry today. Muserk’s success in the mechanical and YouTube royalty segments, with its tech-forward solutions, has solved many problems that reach across the entire industry. Though the music industry has been in existence for centuries, its ability to adapt to new technologies and consumption models has lagged behind. Muserk is positioned for success with a redeployment of core technology into other rights verticals.